Let us see how to convert FAT32 to NTFS File system without losing any data.
I’m using Command prompt here. No special software necessary.
- Open Windows Explorer and note down the drive letter which you need to convert.
- Open cmd prompt with Administrative rights ( Right Click and select Run as Administrator )
- Now Run “chkdsk D: /f “ (without quotes). Here D is the drive which I need to convert to NTFS. Replace it with your Drive name.This command checks the drive for errors and fixes them automatically.
- Run “Convert G: /FS:NTFS” (without quotes).
- Wait for the conversion to complete. You will see a message stating conversion complete.
All done. To check , right click the drive and check its properties .